The City Clerk is responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares Board of Aldermen agendas and web packets.
- Records and prepares minutes for the Board of Aldermen
- Authenticates and records all ordinances and resolutions.
- Oversees the publication, codification and filing of the Code of Ordinance of the City of Raytown, Missouri in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Serves as custodian of official City records.
- Attests and certifies documents as true and correct and applies City seal when appropriate.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for public records.
- Works with the Jackson County Board of Elections Commissioners regarding Elections for the City.
- Administers the Oath of Office.
- Serves as a Notary Public of the State of Missouri.
Applications that come from the City Clerk's Office include: