Land Use


If you would like to apply for or inquire about any of the following processes, please contact our office at 816-737-6014.


Conditional Use Permit and Rezoning

You can check to see which land uses are permitted in which zoning districts by looking at this table. If your desired land use is not permitted (P) in your desired zoning district you may be able to apply for a Conditional Use Permit (C), if it is allowed. If a Conditional Use Permit is not allowed, you may decide to apply for rezoning.

A Conditional Use Permit allows a property's land use to be acceptable in a certain zoning district given the property follows certain conditions.


Planned Unit Development (PUD)

A PUD is a type of development that groups varied and compatible land uses, such as housing, recreation, commercial centers, and industrial parks, all within one contained development or subdivision which can set certain regulations (e.g. setbacks, lot size, open space etc.) on its own.


Right-of-Way (ROW) Vacation

A ROW Vacation eliminates the easement for public travel that is represented by the right-of-way. For example, it could revert a public street to a private drive.